Strong relationships can make or break a salesperson’s ability to gain the sale and retain customers. While electronic communication will always be part of business interactions and selling, it cannot replace a true personal relationship. People like to buy from people the like. This course will provide tips and ideas on how to create strong relationships that help close the sale, retain customers, and encourage referrals. With very strong relationship selling skills, a salesperson will set themselves apart from the competition and will help maximize closure rates.
Topics covered in Relationship Selling
- Explanation of what relationship selling and the differences between relationship selling and transactional selling.
- How to build relationships to close on business more easily and quickly.
- We introduce four personality styles and how to adapt your personality to a customer’s buying style.
- Ideas and ways to build relationships effectively overall..
- Ways to build a personal relationship with our customers when dealing with inquiries received from an internet source.
- Importance of response times when handling internet leads and having a strategic plan to ensure the customer does not have to wait too long for a response. We will address ways to respond to an internet inquiry in order to establish a relationship to earn the business.
- How to customize correspondence to match the customer’s personality or selling style.
- How to best handle a lead when it comes from a third-party booker to establish an ongoing partnership.
- How to utilize social media to understand your customer and build relationships.
- Use of a Social Customer Relationship Management System and the differences compared to a Customer Relationship Management System.
- Identify ways to best use social media to connect with customers and build lasting relationships.
- The different types of social media networks and how to effectively use each one to gain insights into your customers.
University of Arizona Global Campus PLA Credits: 4 — This is 1 module of a 14 module series, learner must complete all 14 sales modules provided by Hospitality Softnet to receive all 4 credits.
*Please note, there is a maximum number of PLA credits that may be applied to a degree program at the University of Arizona Global Campus. Refer to their website for the latest on UAGC PLA policies.